Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Celebrating 6 Years of Motherhood!


       

Today I completed  my 6 years tenure of motherhood. 8th August! Yes! This was the day when the short plum nurse of Mude Hospital in Vashi, Navi Mumbai handed over a little bundle of joy in my hands. Wow! Who must have thought that I, I mean, really I could be a mother for 6 long years! A great achievement! Indeed for my little angel Adu! Oh! Please don’t take me wrong. I am not saying I am a great mom or anything to be with. It’s just that he was and is a great son to be with! He is the one who walked me through the wonderful journey of motherhood. He has made the experience worth experiencing for me. My role in this was microscopic.He has played his role wonderfully. In other houses, kids throw tantrums and moms surrender to them but in our house it’s the Mom, i.e., Me who throws tantrums and my son  understands, consoles, and surrenders. It’s me who makes maximum mistakes and says sorry to him. It’s me who cries like a baby squeezing my monstrous sized head on his small little lap. He is the one who takes my cheeks between his palms and says ‘I am there for you!’  He is the one who tells me not to brawl up with everyone. He is the one who tells me to let go the painful past. He is the one who makes me understand that it’s okay if a neighborhood child breaks his toy.  He is the one who can just with a glance on my face understands that I am hurt, upset, sad, or even happy. He is the one who understands my mood swings. Phew! Too much for a tiny tot of his age to understand. Right? But believe it or not, he does understand and has made this journey of motherhood till now scented and flower bedded for me. Seeing other kids of his age, I shudder thinking how I would have managed them. But the good thing is I don’t have to! God has given me my special one, my Adu, who always extend his little hand to pick me up whenever I fall, who always spread his arms whenever I yearn for an intense hug, who always pecks on my cheeks when it goes wet. I am blessed to have him in my life! And here I wish him a very Happy Birthday and a blessed and happiness filled life with more and more love in his heart for me and for all human beings around. May all his wish come true! May he celebrate more and more birthdays! May he live the life of his dreams! May he give the best to the world! May he get the best from the world! May he remain himself and not change for the world … ‘coz he is the best in himself!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your bundle of joys!

Rajni Rethesh said...

Thanks Raji

Unknown said...

My dear "Proud Mother", Belated Happy Birthday to Mom and Son. To Son - he came to this world on this blessed day and to Mom because it is actually her second birth. So hearty wishes to both the dear ones. Adu will come up successfully and reach the sky as he is your son. So our wishes and blessing to this lovely young vaava to achieve all the "BEST" in his life.

Rajni Rethesh said...

Thanks chechi. Your blessings means a lot!

A Wandering Soul said...

The child maketh the mother....Six years seems to be just a beginning...may you grow closer and younger with Adu! God bless!

Rajni Rethesh said...

Thanks Snehal! Yes you are right. Adu has put in lot of efforts to make me the mother I am today! And blessings of people who are very close to my heart will make this journey a cherished one! Thanks from both of us!

Dinu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dinu said...

Now that is what I called the best confession a mom can pen down for his child, It is you who gifted him all this abundant quality of making other happy and himself a perfect son. You will be always be Commended for this and yes its true 6 years is a small time and yet has lots and lots of memories in it. get ready to store many more such memories as there are few more decades that you going to spend with him . I know its kind of late to wish my buddy for his Last year's birthday , But I am sure I am among the early birds for this year.

Happy Birthday Buddy

Keep Writing and Keep Rocking with my Buddy Adu .

Regards,
Dinu